Hawaiian Baked Beans
The 2016 NFL Draft started. As NFL Teams select their next group of players, I am thinking about tailgate food. Watching the selected rookies don their team’s hat had me craving brisket, potato salad and baked beans. What else says tailgate like that?
Here is how I turn canned vegetarian baked beans into Hawaiian baked beans. They are so delicious, you might pass on the burger.
HAWAIIAN BAKED BEANS
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 10 – 12 servings
|1 cup pineapples
1/2 cup yellow onion
1/4 cup coconut oil
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 28 oz. can of baked beans
(I use Bush’s vegetarian)
Vegetable or chopping knife
2 quart saucepan
13 x 9 baking pan
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Chop one cup of fresh pineapple and 1/2 cup of yellow onion.
3. Warm coconut oil on medium heat. Add yellow onion and sautée until soft.
4. Add pineapples and brown sugar to pan. Cook on low heat for 5 – 7 minutes.
5. Add baked beans, sprinkle dry mustard and stir.
6. Pour entire baked beans mixture into baking pan and cover with aluminum foil.
Ready for game time! What do you think of this recipe?
Get in the game!