Apple Cinnamon Pancakes – Sugar-free and Vegans will love it!
Pancakes are great for early tailgates and to make sure that your little all-stars are energized for their games. I love this recipe because all of the ingredients are natural and it taste so good.
APPLE CINNAMON PANCAKES
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 7 – 8 pancakes
|1 cup whole-wheat flour*
1/2 cup natural unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup almond milk
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 tbsp agave nectar (or honey+)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 apple*Substitute for gluten-free flour for a recipe without gluten+Using honey makes the recipe vegetarian, not vegan
|2 Medium mixing bowls
2 quart saucepan
Griddle or frying pan
1. Combine whole-wheat flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl and mix with a spoon (dry ingredients).
3. Melt coconut oil over low heat in a saucepan.
1. Melt about a teaspoon of coconut oil on medium heat in frying pan.
2. Scoop a 1/4 cup of batter and pour in pan.
3. Cook pancake until batter begins to bubble (approximately 1 to 2 minutes).
4. Use spatula to flip pancake and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Continue until all of the batter is used.
6. Use apple-corer to core apple. Slice apples with knife into thin slices.
Touchdown! Try this recipe. Comment and let me know if you missed the sugar or syrup.
Get in the game!